My Last 10 Days
I am in India for another 10 Days. Today is the last day of February and tomorrow in Ash Wednesday and my second last week here is almost gone.
At this point I look forward and think of all things I need to do before I leave and I look back to see what I have neglected to report on. I feel excited about finishing but have to temper my joy as the Brothers are getting nostalgic about my departure and want to keep in touch.
In the retrospect, I have not yet recorded some of the events of significance in the last few weeks. These include:
the Brothers Exams, The visit of the MSC leadership regarding the building project, My new computer hard drive and the attendant frustrations, my fall from my motor bike and the subsequent healing process, the inauguration of the new bishop of Mysore (I didn’t go, but many priests visited us).
In my family there has been the departure of one of God’s gentlemen, John Vogels and his funeral events. I feel separated by distance but joined in electronic connection.
The brothers went on a days outing to the GRS Adventure Park which is a combination of water slides and other "games". The wave pool was a highlight. I used this as the topic for the Brothers to write about in one of their exams. They are now reading the story of the Greek Myth, Persephone and writing about it.
As part of the exam project I set a 3-5min speech and one brother wanted to talk about orphaned, so three of us went one afternoon to the little boys home attached to St Philomela’s Cathedral. It was a profoundly moving and informative visit and the old sister there was very keen for us to interact with the boys.
No comments:
Post a Comment