Monday, 13 March 2017

My Farewell and Goodbyes

In preparation for leaving this time I have to entertain the serious possibility that this is my final visit. Relating to this is the proposed building program the province is undertaking at the Mysore site including guest accommodation, a new chapel and rooms for the priests. With these things in mind, I penned an email to Mark McGinnity, Principal of Monivae and asked him to circulate it to the staffs of all four MSC schools. It is an open letter detailing my three teaching visits and countenancing the possibility of finding one or more replacements for myself over the next couple of years.
So far I have not had a huge response but the planter of the seed must be patient.

The brothers put on a spectacular, over the top, farewell program for me on Thursday night. There were speeches, dances, songs and presents. I invited the St Annes Sisters as they had been my saviours when I fell off my motorbike several weeks earlier. They run the hospital in one of the local Hindu villages and bandaged my wounds and gave me lots of sympathy.
On Friday night the MSFS Priests took us to a restaurant for a final farewell. I spent the Saturday writing thank you letters and caught the bus to the Bangalore airport at 3.00pm. And thus to Cambodia, land of the white skinned tourists where I am not an object for people to stare and the land of fast wifi.

Here are some photos:







No comments:

Post a Comment