Thursday, 26 January 2017

My Trip to Mysore

Tuesday Jan 3: I caught the Lunchtime train from Warrnambool to Melbourne then the Skybus to Tullamarine.
Wednesday Jan 14: I caught a Malaysian Airlines flight just after midnight to KL arriving about 6.00am. At 9.00am I caught another flight to Bangalore where Fr Charles Babu collected me for the two hour car ride to Chevalier Bhavan and the Parish of Our Lady of the Sacred Heart. I was greeted by Fr Tijo and many old and new friends. The new parish church is at the front of the block on the main road, the Parish buildings and the MSC Chapel are behind them on the downward slope and then the training house are further down the slope. The gardens are beautiful at this time of the year despite the drought.
I was made welcome into mu usual guest room and I slept most of the rest of Wednesday.
From Thursday to Sunday I enjoyed the life of the parish and the MSC brothers and priests.
Mass at 7.00am was no problem as I was still on Warrnambool time and awake before the traffic on the road started tooting their horns.
During these days I did some reading and some shopping for necessities at the local "More Mart".
On Saturday Fr Tijo took me for a trip into the city where I had lunch with the priests studying at the university and other institutes.
On Monday afternoon Fr Charles and Br Dayalan took me by car on the highway from Bangalore to the MSC community south of Mysore. I met the 4 priests and 21 brothers. There are 4 pre novices and 17 aspirants.
I moved into my room here at the school of St Francis with the Franciscan Brothers. It is about 5 km from the MSC house so I have a motorbike (110cc) to do the trip a few times in the day.





No comments:

Post a Comment