Since last Wednesday I have been resting and enjoying the activity of the Our Lady of the Sacred Heart (OLSH) parish here in Bangalore. I am cared for as part of the community and have to continuously tell people that I am not a priest. It is easier to introduce myself as Mr Gerard.
Last night was special! The people in the parish who originate from Kerala and speak Malayalam have an Association and they held a program last night which comprised a concert by the children then a meal of Kerala food. I was invited to come and watch. What I didn't know was that I was one of the official guests which included being asked to light part of the Kerala lamp, the Nilavilakku on stage. I also made a brief speech explaining why I was here and about my Kerala friends in Kerala and Melbourne.
The kids were very good and the meal was delicious. What was even more enjoyable was the conversations with people on the terrace afterward.
I am having problems putting photos into my blog so I will do a bulk album when I get it working.
Last night was special! The people in the parish who originate from Kerala and speak Malayalam have an Association and they held a program last night which comprised a concert by the children then a meal of Kerala food. I was invited to come and watch. What I didn't know was that I was one of the official guests which included being asked to light part of the Kerala lamp, the Nilavilakku on stage. I also made a brief speech explaining why I was here and about my Kerala friends in Kerala and Melbourne.
The kids were very good and the meal was delicious. What was even more enjoyable was the conversations with people on the terrace afterward.
I am having problems putting photos into my blog so I will do a bulk album when I get it working.
No comments:
Post a Comment