Today I attended the First Profession (Vows of Chastity, Poverty and Obedience) of six novices of the PDDM (Sisters of the Divine Master) order at their mother house here in Bangalore. I met them at their Noviciate House near us in Mysore when Fr Nelson went there to say Mass for them.
Until then they had been just another group, in blue saris, that I saw each morning at mass at Villa Joseph. They invited us to their profession and asked us to pray for them. I sent their names and eventually their photo to my mother to include in her prayers too.
So today, they made their vows amid the joy and admiration of their families and sisters and lots or priests.
Fr Nelson and I were special guests and were treated like royalty.
Here are some photos and I hope you like.
 |
| As novices |
 |
| Their Names |
 |
| As Professed Sisters |
 |
| Wearing Garlands as brides |
 |
| Ready to leave for 2 weeks with their families |
No comments:
Post a Comment